E-STEP/ Supporting teachers' and parents' partnerships through social-networking technologies
- Start Date:
- Finalization Date:
E-STEP is a collaborative European project funded by the Comenius programme and intended to help teachers and school managers acquire and reinforce such attitudes, skills, knowledge and qualifications that will enable them to effectively engage parents in schooling and interact with them through social networking technologies.
E-STEP aimed to
- enhance the benefits of parental engagement through developing, implementing and evaluating a training scheme for teachers aimed to improve such skills
- raise the awareness of schools across Europe about the significance of parents’ engagement
- provide a user-friendly approach to teachers’ – parents’ partnerships through web tools
- The direct target group of E-STEP is school staff, namely teachers, school managers and ICT experts at Primary and Secondary schools in Greece, UK, Austria, Bulgaria and Ireland
- Parents are a secondary target group, who will be indirectly benefited through teachers’ training, as this is expected to motivate and engage them in school-based activities.
A specialized training framework and supportive material for teachers around Europe on:
- How to support, engage and motivate parents to utilize social networking systems in order to collaborate with teachers
- How to develop strategies and initiatives that teachers and school managers could use to communicate effectively with parents and engage them in support of their children’s learning process at home and at school
- Specific approaches for school leaders on how to support their school teachers on designing and effectively implement parental engagement activities.
- CTI & Press "Diophantus", Greece
- Birmingham City University, UK
- BM:UKK, Austria
- NRN Association, Bulgaria
- Ellinogermaniki Agogi, Greece
- Universal Learning Systems, Ireland