LINCOLN- Lean Innovative Connected Vessels
- Start Date:
- Finalization Date:
LINCOLN is an EU Horizon 2020 research project using innovative design methodologies and tools for the development of three types of completely new vessels concepts through dynamic simulation model testing in the maritime sector. In developing the three new vessels (a Multi-platform Catamaran, a Module Based High Speed Patrol Boat Platform, an Emergency Response and Recovery Vessels series for Coastal Rescue activities), LINCOLN will use:
- A lean fact based design model approach, which combines real operative data at sea with lean methodology, to support the development and implementation of the vessel concepts
- IT customized tools to enable the acquisition and usage of field data, coming from an IoT platform
- High performance computing simulating to demonstrate feasibility of the 3 vessels concept a fluid dynamics and structural simulation test, using high performance computing, will be performed on each of them.
CTI Diophantus will support the development of advanced methodologies to enable the acquisition and usage of field data, coming from an IoT platform and having as main focus the visualization and prediction of weather conditions near vessels.
- Politechnico di Minalo, Italy, Italy, [Coordinator]
- Asociacion Centro Technologico Navaly Del Mar, Spain
- HUBSTRACT SRL, Italy
- Technopro Hispania SRL, Spain
- BIBA - Bremer Institut fuer Produktion und Logistik GMBH, Germany
- HOLONIX SRL-Spin off del Politechnico di Minalo, Italy
- STIFTELSEN SINTEF, Norway
- CINECA Consorzio Interuniversitario, Italy
- HYDROLIFT AS, Norway"
- SOUPER TOYS SKAFI EPE, Greece
- INVENTAS KRISTIANSAND AS, Norway
- TOI SRL, Italy
- CTI & Press "Diophantus", Greece
- Balance Technology Consulting GMBH, Germany
- ARESA MARINE SL, Spain
- Center of Technology Research and Innovation LTD, Cyprus