Open School Doors: Developing diverse school / parents communities through innovative partnerships
- Start Date:
- Finalization Date:
The Open School Doors «Developing diverse school / parents communities through innovative partnerships» is a two-year project funded under the Erasmus + KA2 Program. The aim of the project is to enable parents with a migrant background to participate more actively in their children's education. Through parental involvement, parents from all social backgrounds and groups can participate adequately in the decision-making and development processes of the school. The project aims to provide teachers with comprehensive guidance on how to promote and encourage effective co-operation between teachers and parents with migrant backgrounds.
The main objectives of the Open School Doors project are:
- To provide a training framework with the needs, local conditions and the obstacles that teachers should be able to face in order to involve parents with a migrant background in school issues. This framework aims to educate different cultures in a sensitive and targeted way.
- To launch an innovative approach to teacher education (using electronic tools other than personal sessions) as well as social networking applications to communicate with the students' parents of the participating schools.
The target group of the Open School Doors project:
- local community
In the framework of the project workshops will be organized with teachers and school leaders and 2 training seminars will be implemented by teachers in 5 European countries aiming at training of 350 teachers in total.
- TU Dresden, Germany, [Coordinator]
- Birmingham City University, UK
- Computer Technology Institute and Press “Diophantus”, Greece
- European Parents’ Association, Belgium
- BildungOnline, Austria
- Ellinogermaniki Agogi, Greece