Conference on Regional Entrepreneurship and Innovation
March 30, 2020, Bari (Apuglia) and April 24-25, 2020, Patras (Western Greece)
Call for papers
The regions of Western Greece and Puglia are co-hosting a two-venue conference aiming to provide the members of the higher education and research community, as well as practitioners, with the opportunity to share their findings, experiences, and ideas, in a friendly and intellectually stimulating environment. The event consists of keynote and invited speeches, panel discussions, academic paper sessions (oral presentations and poster presentations).
The topics cover all issues regarding entrepreneurship and innovation (E&I), including (but not limited) to:
- Theoretical models, inspiring cases, good practices.
- The measurement of entrepreneurship and/or innovation.
- The use of survey, official statistics, big or other data for E&I policy purposes.
- Useful sectoral, local, regional, intra-regional, state-wide, cross-border, international analyses at the micro or macro level.
- The inception and implementation of systems that advance E&I.
- The development of tools, services, and observatories as means to further E&I.
- The role of any of the following in advancing E&I: institutions, culture, education, investments, funding, technology, science parks, incubators/accelerators, market/nonmarket ecosystems and/or specific E&I policies.
- The impact of E&I on economic and social development, and the environment.
- Western Greece and/or Puglia.
Prospective authors are kindly invited to propose original papers of 8,000 words or less, written and presented in English, via abstracts of 150-400 words. All full-paper submissions will be peer-reviewed. Those accepted or conditionally accepted will be presented at the conference orally and, upon reviewer approval, published in a special post-conference volume. There is no guarantee of publication based on the initial abstract.Important dates:
- Abstract submission deadline (prospective authors may declare their preferred venue: Patras and/or Bari): October 31st 2019.
- Notification of abstract acceptance: November 15th 2019.
- Full paper submission: February 29th 2020.
- Notification of paper acceptance (including suggestions): March 16th 2020.
- Author registration deadline: March 23rd 2020 for Bari, April 4th 2020 for Patras.
- Conference dates (the first in Bari, the latter in Patras): March 30th and April 24-25th 2020.
- Final paper submission (addressing reviewer and conference participants' comments): May 10th, 2020.
- Publication decision: June 22th, 2020.
- Vito Albino: President of ARTI; Professor, Department of Mechanical Engineering, Mathematics and Management; Vice Chancellor, Polytechnic University of Bari.
- John Garofalakis: Professor, Department of Computer Engineering and Informatics, University of Patras; Vice President of the Computer Technology Institute & Press Diophantus.
- Domenico Laforgia: Director of the Economic Department of Apulia Region; Professor, Department of Innovation Engineering; Past Rector, University of Salento.
- Giuseppe Pirlo: Professor, Department of Computer Science; Vice Chancellor, University of Bari.
- Prodromos Prodromidis: Senior research fellow, Centre for Planning and Economic Research; Adjunct faculty, Athens University of Economics and Business.
- Manolis Tzagarakis: Assistant Professor, Department of Economics, University of Patras.
- Gianna Elisa Berlingerio (Region of Puglia)
- Andreas Koskeris (Computer Technology Institute & Press Diophantus)
- Sotiris Michalopoulos (Computer Technology Institute & Press Diophantus)
- Dr. Vlassis Missos (Research fellow, Centre for Planning and Economic Research)
- Monica Messa (InnovaPuglia)
- Stathis Papachristopoulos (Head of Dept. B', Regional Development Fund, Region of Western Greece)
- George Papantonis (Regional Development Fund, Region of Western Greece)
- Dr. Ioanna Reziti (Senior research fellow, Centre for Planning and Economic Research)
- Dr. Christos Tzomakas (Director, Regional Development Fund, Region of Western Greece)
Looking forward to seeing you in Bari and Patras.
For more information or to submit, please contact: email@example.com